Local SEO is ideal for small businesses and shops that rely on local consumers. Businesses that usually profit the most from local searches are restaurants, bars, car mechanics, beauty salons, dentists, decorators, plumbers, electricians, etc. However, there are some instances in which a small service tradesperson will profit more from national exposure than regional. It all depends on the target audience.
During a local SEO campaign, the focus is on keywords that are relevant to the company’s physical position on local search. This includes a physical address, city area or the name of the city itself. Basically, by using this marketing approach, you’re trying to position yourself within the local community. It is crucial for people to find your local business easily.
Usually, if the search optimisation is done correctly, users will see the nearest shops or services close to their current location. Local SEO is much easier to perform than national SEO. First and foremost, there is a much lower online competition. Secondly, Google is inclined to show all the local companies online that match your search query and are close to you. Therefore, it is much more inclusive than exclusive.
Here are some strategies that can help your businesses regional SEO:
* Include your business’s city and address on the contact page of your website,
* Add your city, neighbourhood and address to the service pages of your site,
* Add other information that might be relevant to local users (local phone number, map, working hours and so on),
* Submit your business to Google My Business, regional directories and review sites – Make sure you keep your business information consistent,
* Create social media profiles that feature the company’s contact information.The basic principle of local SEO is being visible enough to Google in a specific geographic area.
The search engine should find that you’re a legit business that exists at a particular location. Google wants to provide its customers with the best, most relevant and valuable information out there, so if you can provide this information Google will love you.
The goal is to appear the most relevant result for your niche. This strategy could also work great for national companies looking to dominate local areas by creating location-specific webpages for their website across the country. Local SEO is vital for the survival of local small businesses especially in the current climate where the high street is sadly fading into the past. We can either cry over it or move forward and embrace change, the choice is yours.